Nanny / Housekeeper in Johannesburg, South Africa
A professional couple residing in Johannesburg, South Africa requires the employment of a long term Nanny / Housekeeper to ensure the well being of their three children (1 month, 4 years, 5 years) and the general upkeep of their home.
The candidate has extensive experience working in a private residence, with full child minding & housekeeping responsibilities.
There is already a domestic housekeeper who would require assistance in his work.
In addition, the candidate will assist the stay-at-home lady.
Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package with the option of accommodation.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication (an additional African language, Sotho, would be a plus)
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Child Education, Child Development, Child Care, General Housekeeping, Occasional Cooking
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence
- High level of experience in nanny duties, domestic and cooking ability
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule including public holidays and weekends
- Education orientated and highly skilled
- Qualification in First Aid
- Drivers Licence, own vehicle would be a plus
- Ability to travel with short notice with flexibility a priority
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing Bathing and dressing of children for school and activities.
- Organising nutritious, balanced meals and snacks (children & parents on occasion)
- Ensuring children's school-day requirement are prepared for the day (sport gear, assignments, homework)
- Taking to and collecting children from nursery, primary school, after-school activities
- Babysitting and child minding when required (after hours)
- Preparing and implementing a school and home routine
- Supervising homework and exam preparation
- Overseeing and encouraging healthy social development and interactions
- Teaching good manners and behaviour
- Organising stimulating activities during children's leisure time
- Teaching general manners and etiquette in line with parents philosophy
- Informing parents on the children's progress and daily feedback
- Creativity, the ability to design fun and educational activities
- Patience and understanding
- Cleaning and tidying bedrooms, toys and game rooms
- Preparing and organising for special occasions, such as birthdays, Christmas etc
- Preparing luggage ad toys for travelling
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents at all times
- Understanding and respect for the family protocols, habits and way of life
- Planning cleaning schedule and tasks in different parts of the property
- Carrying out periodical deep cleans, as well as daily cleaning of all rooms, reception rooms and kitchen
- Hoovering, sweeping, mopping and washing of floorboards, carpets, tiles and rugs
- Dusting, polishing and caring for delicate surfaces
- Regular cleaning and changing of bed linen, bathroom linen & towels
- Ensuring upkeep of valuable surfaces and items in the home
- Maintaining an inventory of cleaning products and supplies
- Overseeing stock and supply operations in regards to cleaning products and supplies
- Geared towards general hygiene and cleaning standards set by family
- 3 years' experience working as a Nanny / Housekeeper in a private residence
- Fluent English + additional African language
- Driving Licence would be a plus
- Housekeeping experience & General Cooking experience
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs - max 45 hour week.
- Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Accommodation may be offered.
- Full time placement with 1 month trial period