Travelling Nanny Job offer and Vacancy
A professional young couple and their two young children (Girl 6 & Boy 8) residing in Cape Town, South Africa require the employment of a long term Nanny / Household Manager to ensure the well being of their children and their living environment in their home.
The candidates extensive experience in working in a private residence, with full child caring responsibilities will be utilized to its full potential within this excellent opportunity. The family travel extensively and require a candidate that could join them in order to ensure the safety and well being of the children at all times.
During schooling hours, the candidate may expect to be left in charge of the general maintaining and management of all services and maintenance relating to the property. Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package with the option of accommodation should this be required.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication.
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Early Child Education, Early Child Development, Child Safety & Care.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence.
- High level of experience in parental education and early childhood development.
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule at all times of the day and year.
- Education orientated and highly skilled.
- Qualification in Child Minding.
- Qualification in First Aid.
- Experienced in Personal Assistant and Property Management would be advantageous.
- Drivers License, own vehicle would be a plus.
- Ability to travel with short notice.
Duties & Responsibilities
as Traveling Nanny
- Organizing fun, educational activities that encourage creativity, imagination and social development.
- Organizing and/or preparing regular nutritious, balanced meals and snacks in accordance to child's age & dietary requirements.
- Washing & Ironing when required.
- Preparing children for school and extra mural activities.
- Babysitting and child minding when required (after hours)
- Preparing and implementing a sleep and eating routine when required.
- Ensuring a calm and secure environment for the children at all times.
- Overseeing and encouraging healthy childhood development and interactions.
- Taking and collecting children from school, extra mural activities and play dates.
- Preparing for and implementing a school and activities routine.
- Ensuring appropriate clothing and dress are clean and ready for the schedule for the day.
- Informing parents on the children's progress and daily feedback
- Preparing luggage, clothing, toys and activities for travel (including medicine, documentation and snacks)
- Patience and understanding
- Cleaning and tidying bedrooms, toys and game rooms
- Preparing and organizing for special occasions, such as birthdays, Christmas etc.
- Organizing and preparing for children's social events.
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents at all times
- Understanding and respect for the family protocols, habits and way of life
as Household Manager
- Organizing third party suppliers and maintenance.
- Preparing for receptions and entertainment.
- Assisting and maintaining management of housekeeping staff.
- Assisting with the list of and arranging the purchase of groceries and supplies.
- Reporting all requirements (maintenance & supplies & upkeep) with principals.
- Receiving and serving of guests when required.
- Managing the maintaining of a clean and neat environment at all times.
- 3 years' experience working as a Nanny / Household Manager in a private residence
- Fluent English
- Driving License
- Certificate Qualification in Child Care, Safety & Education.
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Valid passport for traveling at short notice
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs (max 45 hour week)
- Flexible hours between 7:00 to 19:00 daily from Monday to Friday and on weekends when required with prior notice (remuneration or equal time off will be allocated in these instances).
- Full flexibility and ability to work during months from November to January as these are the busiest social months for the family.
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate with the option of accommodation being calculated into the cost to company.
Full time placement with 1 month trial period