Nanny Job offer and Vacancy
Family living in Johannesburg South Africa, are looking for a Nanny with the ability and flexibility to join the family on travelling vacations, and be based in Johannesburg to take care of the residence and look after one children with full responsibility ( 1 year old, 4 year old and 7 year old ).
Full time nanny duties from 7 to 7 are required in a six day week, with basic cooking responsibilities for the children only. The candidate should have a good command of English, and basic cooking skills will be advantageous. Local and international travel with the family is required with short notice.
This is a live out position, with the option of shared furnished accommodation when required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Bathing and dressing
- Organising regular nutritious, balanced meals and snacks
- Babysitting duties
- Preparing and implementing school routine
- Supervising homework and exam preparation
- Encouraging creativity, imagination and social development
- Keeping parents informed on the children's progress and activities
- Organising fun, educational activities
- Preparing and organising for special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas etc.
- Preparing luggage and toys for travelling
- Respecting and adapting to parental preferences and needs in regards to discipline, routines, activities and living or travel arrangements.
- Management of additional cleaning staff
- Progress reports and informing principles of any unexpected situations
- Making beds
- Laundry and ironing when required
- Taking care of VIP wardrobe
- Basic Cooking when required
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals
- Shopping for groceries and cleaning agents
- Caring of valuable items
- Taking care of residence during the absence of the family and taking care of the children during this time
- Running errands
- Assisting with table service and preparing for receptions
- Establishing and upholding of child's routines
- 3 years' experience working as a Housekeeper/Nanny in a private residence
- Fluent English
- Basic cooking skills advantageous
- Valid South African driving licence advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes
- Schedule is flexible for 6 days/ per week from 7 to 7.
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Trial period