Job and Vacancy Governess in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
Professional Kenyan family with a home in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa, are looking for a highly experienced and qualified Governess to care for and educate their 10 year old and 2 year old children on a daily basis.
The candidate's high level of experience working with toddler's & young children in a luxury private household; combined with their qualifications in early childhood development & stimulation will be utilized fully.
In addition to being a full time Governess to the youngest members of the family, the candidate will also be required to apply her experience as a well-rounded Household Representative to manage, guide and implement facility & service requirements of the household and home.
As overall Household Representative and Governess to the youngest family members a well-groomed, loyal and experienced candidate may expect a very competitive offer of remuneration.
This position includes private accommodation, meals and utilities.
Vacancy duties and responsibilities
· Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children.
· Supervise the children‘s activities at all times (all waking hours)
· Plan and prepare small meals and bottles for, and feed, the children
· Dress the youngest child for daily activities
· Dress and prepare luggage for travel & special occasions
· Arrange and implement travel routine
· Travel with and permanently act as companion for the children
· Implement and keep to safety requirements for the children during travel and daily activities
· Place the youngest child down for naps and bedtime
· Implement sleeping routines
· Bathe the youngest child
· Change diapers when required
· Potty train the youngest child
· Perform housework related to child care, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas, and washing bottles
· Teach the children good social manners & customs
· Arrange stimulating and educational games and activities on a daily basis
· Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors
· Plan and lead educational activities, including reading, with the children in English
· Discipline the children when necessary, and include teaching of good manners and social behaviour
· Administer medicine to the children with parents authorization
· Teach proper English, and speak English all the time with the children
· Daily, weekly and monthly reporting and open communication with parents regarding children‘s progress
· Activity, daily progress and development reporting to parents at all times
· Babysitting or supervising the children overnight in the absence of the parents.
· Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table service for breakfast, lunch and evening meals; preparing dining tables in
accordance to the theme of the reception (formal, informal, buffet, family or silver service)
· Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal ware.
· Managing and maintaining employer's VIP wardrobe (ensuring dry cleaning)
· Preparing travel plans, itinerary and luggage.
· Preserving and managing security for private art & valuable collections.
· Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines and alcohol
· managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays throughout the home.
· Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests.
· Recruiting and training household staff, ensure correct day-to-day execution of their duties.
· Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories or supplies and valuables.
· Inviting and welcoming guests, with an aptitude for guest relations.
· Establishing and keeping to workable estate budgets in collaboration with the employer.
· Supervise the serving of food & beverage, ensuring proper service at all time in relation to the reception theme and ambiance.
· Organizing social events and arranging specific details for receptions.
· Liaising with financial and accounting staff with reporting responsibilities.]
· Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence.
· Complete and total house schedule management.
· Management of household staff compliment, in terms of scheduling, leave, appointment and duties.
· Financial & completed duty reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Management of third party suppliers, workers and vendors.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication (French or Spanish would be a plus)
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Child Education, Child Development, Child Care, General Housekeeping, Cooking
- Extensive experience in similar position within a luxury private family residence
- High level of experience in nanny duties, domestic and cooking ability
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule
- Education orientated and highly skilled
- Qualification in First Aid
- Drivers Licence, own vehicle
- Ability to travel with short notice
- Child Passion
- Fluent english (read, speak & write)
- VIP experienced
- High school graduate preferred
- Experience caring for young children
- Training in early childhood education
- First aid training
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for a young child
- Ability to plan, organize, and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to be an ambassador for the household and teach same to child
- Package (furnished apartment) with high standard
- All utility expenses paid
- Flexible hours for 5 days a week with frequent overtime (evenings and weekends)
- 1 Month Trial Period
Live in Governess Salary
Excellent salary for the right candidate