English Tutor Job offer and Vacancy
A kind and patient English Tutor / Governess is required for a temporary position in Cannes, French Riviera, France from 15 June to 15 August 2019.
The Tutor/Governess will be responsible for teaching English and national curriculum subjects to 6-year-old twins (a boy and a girl) while they are on holiday in France.
The children attend an international school in Switzerland and can speak some English already but they require help and encouragement.
The right candidate must be knowledgeable about children’s psychology and be able to reach educational goals in a gentle and patient manner.
Apart from sit-down lessons, the Tutor/Governess will be expected to spend time with the children, do fun and educational activities with them, and speak to them in English al all times to ensure full immersion.
The parents are happy to rent a flat for the Tutor/Governess but he/she will have to find & suggest the accommodation.
- Fluent English (native or near native level)
- Experience in private families
- Teaching degree
- Psychology degree will be a plus
- Experience with twins preferred
- Able to encourage and motivate children
- Kind and calm person who is able to be firm when needed
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching English to the children in a fun way
- Communicating with the children in English
- Organising various activities for the children (drawing, painting, reading, sport, museums, etc)
- Developing their creativity and imagination
- Playing with the children
- Observing and encouraging healthy social development and interactions
- Teaching good manners and behaviour
- Following hygiene and safety rules
- Informing the parents about the children’s progress
Negotiable, depending on experience
Ad reference : 1228 LD
Post on 21/02/2019 by Morgan & Mallet Nannies