Governess Job offer and Vacancy
An experienced governess / English tutor is required for 5-year old twins (a boy and a girl) from 15 June to 15 August 2018, with a possible extension in Cannes, French Riviera, France. The children go to an American school in Switzerland (since September 2017) but they have a difficulty in speaking and understanding English.
Their mother tongue is Russian. It is essential that the governess knows how to teach a proper British pronunciation, however the right candidate does not necessarily have to be a native English speaker.
The family will be on holiday in Cannes from 15 June to 15 August 2018, and they want to use this time to improve their children’s English. The governess will have to spend every day with the children, do fun and educational activities with them, and speak to them in English.
This is a live-in position, the family can rent a flat for the governess.
· Fluent English (British pronunciation)
· Excellent teaching skills
· Experienced person
· Knowledge of Russian will be a plus (but not necessary)
· Able to motivate and encourage children to speak English
Duties and responsibilities
· Teaching English to the children in a fun way
· Speaking to the children in English only
· Organising varied activities for the children (drawing, painting, reading, sport, etc)
· Developing their creativity and imagination
· Playing with the children
· Observing and encouraging healthy social development and interactions
· Teaching good manners and behaviour
· Following hygiene and safety rules
· Informing the parents about the children’s progress
High remuneration commensurate with experience
Ad reference 1191 LD