Nanny / Housekeeper in Central London, United Kingdom
A young professional couple expecting their first born soon and residing in Central London, UK, require the employment of a long term Nanny / Maternity Carer / Housekeeper to ensure the well-being of their baby and the management of the household.
The candidate will share the child caring duties with the mother and will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the house, including cleaning, cooking, laundry and looking after the family pets (dog and cat)
Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive market related remuneration package.
The role will vary dependant on the mothers schedule however as a guide the role duties will be as follows:
Housekeeper Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning of the house
- Household inventory management & grocery list for cleaning supplies.
- Running errands and grocery shopping
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Assisting in the preparation of meal
- Daily dog walking, feeding the dog and cat and changing the cat litter
Nanny Duties & Responsibilities
(this will be shared with the mother who will stay at home for the first 6 months and then will work part time twice a week)
- Organising regular nutritious, balanced meals and snacks in accordance to child's age.
- Changing of diapers for newborn
- Babysitting and child minding when required (including after hours)
- Preparing and implementing a sleep and feeding routine
- Ensuring a calm and secure environment for the baby
- Overseeing and encouraging healthy early childhood development and interactions
- Proper response for allergies.
- Organising stimulating activities, baby's rest routine and awake time.
- Ensuring appropriate clothing and equipment are used at all time an kept hygienically clean.
- Informing parents on the children's progress and daily feedback
- Creativity, the ability to design fun and educational activities (future prospects)
- Patience and understanding
- Reporting to the mother and supporting the mother in the child's development.
- Cleaning and tidying bedrooms, toys and game rooms
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents at all times
- Understanding and respect for the family protocols, habits and way of life
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication.
- Honest and Trustworthy individual who enjoys cooking and will take pride in keeping the house clean and tidy
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Early Child Education, Early Child Development, new born Child Care.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence.
- High level of experience in maternity care, parent education and early childhood development.
- Flexible and able to accommodate children's schedule and loves animals (cat and dog)
- Education orientated and highly skilled.
- Qualification in Child Minding and Infant Care and Qualification in First Aid (ideal)
- Drivers Licence
The family may also offer additional training and education (such as first aid training) to the Nanny / Housekeeper to ensure that all aspects of the new families requirements, including those of the new born, are cared for and qualified.
Accommodation is offered within the home and comprises a lovely private furnished room & bathroom and access to the family car.
Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs (max 45 hour week)
Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
Full time placement to start in December or January
Job reference: A1169 SA