Maternity Nurse Vacancy in Secunda Mpumalanga South Africa
A professional young couple residing in Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa require the employment of a long term Nanny / Maternity nurse-carer to ensure the well being of their two children (4 year old girl & 3 month old boy).
The candidates extensive experience in working in a private residence, with full proxy parenting & child caring responsibilities with housekeeping ability will be utilized to its full potential within this excellent opportunity. Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package within this live out position.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Child Education, Child Development, Child Care, General Housekeeping, Cooking when required for the children only.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a luxury private family residence
- High level of experience in nanny duties, domestic and cooking ability
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule
- Education orientated and highly skilled
- Qualification in First Aid/ Maternity Care / Proxy Parenting / Early Childhood Development
- Drivers Licence, own vehicle would be advantageous.
- Ability to travel with short notice
Duties & Responsibilities specific to both children
- Bathing and dressing children
- Organizing regular nutritious, balanced meals and snacks (children only)
- Taking to and collecting children from nursery, primary school, after-school activities
- Babysitting and child minding when required (after hours may be required)
- Preparing and implementing a development in education and social routine
- Overseeing and encouraging healthy social development and interactions
- Teaching good manners and behavior
- Organizing stimulating activities during children's leisure time
- Early childhood social skills, routine & feeding.
- Informing parents on the children's progress and daily feedback
- Creativity, the ability to design fun and educational activities
- Patience and understanding
- Cleaning and tidying bedrooms, toys and game rooms
- Preparing and organizing for special occasions, such as birthdays, Christmas etc
- Preparing luggage ad toys for traveling
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents at all times
- Understanding and respect for the family protocols, habits and lifestyle
- Assisting current housekeeper in light housekeeping duties
- Laundry & Ironing for the children when required
Duties & Responsibilities specific to 3 month old baby
- Providing exceptional care to the child
- Feeding the baby and establishing routines
- Diaper changing
- Bathing and hygiene
- Taking care of baby's clothes (washing, ironing, folding and dressing)
- Hygiene of feeding equipment and general cleanliness in baby's surrounds
- Tidiness of baby nursery
- Ensuring safe and comfortable sleep for the child
- Providing daily baby exercise
- Informing parents about the baby's routine, daily activity and progress
- Ensuring general health and informing parents regarding any concerns
- Providing daily education and basic fundamentals to parents.
- Ensuring family and baby confidentiality and security for the home and child at all times.
- 3 years' experience working as a Nanny / Maternity Nursing in a private residence
- Certificate Maternity Nursing & Childcare qualifications
- Fluent English
- Driving License would be a plus
- Cooking and Housekeeping experience
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs (max 45 hour week)
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Full time placement with 1 month trial period
- Live out position
Ad reference: A1168 SA