Nanny/Housekeeper Job offer and Vacancy
A professional couple residing in Kyalami, Midrand, South Africa require the employment and services of a long term Head Housekeeper/occasional Nanny & Domestic Personal Assistant to ensure the well being of their two children (1.8 month, 3.5 years) and the general upkeep of their home with personal assistant duties included in the responsibilities.
The candidates extensive experience in working in a private residence, with full child minding & housekeeping responsibilities and the ability to prepare the occasional meal will be utilized to its full potential within this excellent opportunity.
The home currently has a domestic housekeeper who would require assistance with the upkeep of the home servicing all housekeeping and laundry requirements. In addition, the candidate will be required to assist the stay-at-home principal lady with all duties required in a personal assistant & nanny capacity for the family. Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package with the option of accommodation.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication (an additional African language, Sotho, would be a plus)
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Child Education, Child Development, Child Care, all Housekeeping, Occasional Cooking, Personal Assistant Administration.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence
- High level of experience in nanny duties, housekeeping and management
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule including public holidays and weekends
- Education orientated and highly skilled
- Qualification in First Aid
- Drivers License would be advantageous
- Ability to travel with short notice with flexibility a priority
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding and respect for the family protocols, habits and way of life
- Planning cleaning schedule and tasks in different parts of the property
- Carrying out periodical deep cleans, as well as daily cleaning of all rooms, reception rooms and kitchen
- Hoovering, sweeping, mopping and washing of floorboards, carpets, tiles and rugs
- Dusting, polishing and caring for delicate surfaces
- Regular cleaning and changing of bed linen, bathroom linen & towels
- Ensuring upkeep of valuable surfaces and items in the home
- Maintaining an inventory of cleaning products and supplies
- Overseeing stock and supply operations in regards to cleaning products and supplies
- Geared towards general hygiene and cleaning standards set by family
- General administration tasks related to being a personal assistant both private & business
- Managing Bathing and dressing of children for school and activities.
- Organizing nutritious, balanced meals and snacks (children & parents on occasion)
- Ensuring children's school-day requirement are prepared for the day (sport gear, assignments, homework)
- Taking to and collecting children from nursery, primary school, after-school activities
- Babysitting and child minding when required (after hours)
- Preparing and implementing a school and home routine
- Overseeing and encouraging healthy social development and interactions
- Teaching good manners and behavior
- Organizing stimulating activities during children's leisure time
- Teaching general manners and etiquette in line with parents philosophy
- Informing parents on the children's progress and daily feedback
- Patience and understanding
- Cleaning and tidying bedrooms, toys and game rooms
- Preparing and organizing for special occasions, such as birthdays, Christmas etc
- Preparing luggage ad toys for traveling
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents at all times
Mature and well experience candidates will be considered only.
3 years' experience working as a Head Housekeeper/Nanny in a private residence
Fluent English + additional African language
Driving License would be a plus
Housekeeping experience & General Cooking experience
Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs - max 45 hour week. (Overtime may be required)
Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays
Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
Accommodation may be offered.
Full time placement with 1 month trial period