Governess in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
An UHNW couple who are part of the Royal family of the UAE are looking for an English Governess to educate and encourage the psychological development of their 2 children (5-year-old girl and 3-year-old boy). The girl goes to school and the boy goes to nursery.
There is also a 1-year-old girl in the family. All the children have their own nannies who take care of their physical well-being. The governess will be responsible for teaching proper manners and etiquette, encouraging imagination, psychological and social development, helping with homework, etc.
The right candidate has to be proactive and arrange various useful activities for the children.
- 3 years’ experience as a governess
- Experience with royal or HNW / UHNW families
- Native English speaker
- Good command of another foreign language would be a plus (French for example)
- Ability to play musical instruments or sports would be a plus
- A degree in childcare will be a plus
- First Aid certificate
- Experienced and mature candidate
- Non-smoker and non-drinker
- Able to commit for a long term
Duties and responsibilities
- Looking after the children
- Taking the children to playgroups, school, and other extracurricular activities
- Organising fun & educational activities for children
- Helping and assisting children in doing homework
- Monitoring children’s performance at school
- Teaching foreign languages if requested
- Teaching to play musical instruments if requested
- Motivating and encouraging children through diverse activities and games (fun or sports)
- Teaching good manners and principles of etiquette
- Monitoring children’s learning progress
- Maintaining children’s play area
- Keeping a daily journal
- Regular reporting to the parents regarding children’s development
- Complying with the hygiene and safety rules
- Inculcating good moral values according to parents’ expectations
- Speaking to the children in a foreign language
- Travelling with the family (London, once a year)
Up to 10 hours a day (with a break when the children are at school)
The position will be live-out. The employers offer a separate furnished flat and transportation to / from the house.
Visa, relocation costs and insurance will be covered by the Employers.
GBP 4,000 net per month.