Travelling English Governess Job offer and Vacancy
Russian family with 4 children (17, 10, 6, and 2 years old) is looking for an Travelling English Governess for their 6-year old son. The family spend about 5 months per year in the south of France and the rest of the time they are based in Moscow, Russia.
Even though the education and development of the boy will be the priority, the governess will spend time with the other three children too and help them develop fluency in English. The right candidate has to be creative and able to use their own initiative with the children.
The governess will work in a fully-staffed household (there is a private chef, nannies, drivers, housekeepers, etc).
The position is full time with an immediate start.
- Native English speaker
- Experience in private families and/or in school
- Teaching degree or certificate will be a plus
- Someone who knows child psychology
- Kind but firm
- Able to use initiative
- Able to interest children in the subject
- Flexible and available
- Verifiable references
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with the children in English
- Plan and deliver sit-down lessons in a fun and engaging way
- Organise fun and educational activities for the boy or the children
- Take the boy to playgroups, school and other activities
- Motivate and encourage children
- Teach good manners according to parents’ expectations
- Ensure the boy’s wellbeing
- Put the boy to bed in the evening
- Travel with the family, prepare the boy’s luggage
- Monitor the boy’s progress and report to the parents
- Some babysitting
Schedule: 5 days/week (occasionally 6 days/week), from 10-11 am until bedtime (approx. 9 pm)
Accommodation: Governess will be provided with separate accommodation outside of the family house.
Salary: From £ 1 000 net/week, negotiable
Ad reference : 1253 LD
Post on 27/09/2019 by Morgan & Mallet Nannies